[Heb-NACO] help with creating a uniform title for Shaʻar ha-teshuvah

Heidi G Lerner lerner at stanford.edu
Thu Nov 30 12:33:34 EST 2017

Hi all

I need to create a preferred title for Shaʻar ha-teshuvah from Ḥovot ha-levavot. To do this I need to create the Arabic preferred title to which I would append $lHebrew

My cross reference would be

Baḥya ben Joseph ibn Paḳuda, ǂd active 11th century. ǂt Hidāyah ilá farāʼiḍ al-qulūb.$tShaʻar ha-teshuvah

I am not sure how to construct the Arabic preferred title.

In Arabic it is written

الباب السابع في شرح وجوه التوبه وحدودها وتوابها

Does this seem correct?

Baḥya ben Joseph ibn Paḳuda, ǂd active 11th century. ǂtSharʻ wujuh al-tawba wa-hudūdha  wa-tawābha.$lHebrew

I am cc'ing  Joyce Bell and Iman Dagher on this  because of her experience as their roles as coordinator of the Arabic NACO Funnel

Any help that can be offered will be appreciated. Thank ..

Best, Heidi

cc: Joyce Bell, Iman Dagher

Heidi G. Lerner

Metadata Librarian for Hebraica and Judaica

Metadata Dept.

Stanford University Libraries

Stanford, CA 94305-6004

ph: 650-725-9953