[Heb-NACO] Balu'a

Heidi G Lerner lerner at stanford.edu
Tue Jan 17 15:45:04 EST 2017

Hi,

I really think that this example is a very good reason why we should take the rule outlined in LC-PCC PS 9.2.2.5.3 with some restraint. "

LC practice for Alternative: Instead of recording the preferred title for each of the works in the compilation, record a conventional collective title followed by "Selections." Give an authorized access point for the first or predominant work (Policy Statement 25.1[http://access.rdatoolkit.org/images/lcpslink.png]<http://access.rdatoolkit.org/document.php?id=lcpschp25&target=lcps25-353#lcps25-353>) or expression (Policy Statement 26.1[http://access.rdatoolkit.org/images/lcpslink.png]<http://access.rdatoolkit.org/document.php?id=lcpschp26&target=lcps26-219#lcps26-219>)."

Without contacting the author directly do we really know what genre these are? I can't personally access the  book so I can evaluate. An article in Yediot Aharonot describes them as short stories, so that could be substituted for poems.

Jasmin, since you are not an LC cataloger you don't have to follow the LC-PCC PS. You can enter the book under the author/title and add name/title added entries for the other titles.

Best, Heidi

In this case without consulting the author directly (

Heidi G. Lerner

Metadata Librarian for Hebraica and Judaica

Metadata Dept.

Stanford University Libraries

Stanford, CA 94305-6004

ph: 650-725-9953