[Heb-NACO] Bible. Haftaroth

Heidi G Lerner lerner at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 11 11:48:22 EDT 2015

Hi Aaron, Elhanan, and Rita,
I don't know if you have seen the draft of the proposed "Religion/Genre form terms". This document was prepared by LC with the help of ATLA, AJL, Catholic Library Associatioj, the Council on East Asian Libraries and others. The latest draft that I can find on the web is from 2012. In the introduction it says that "An overriding rule for this project was to aim for broad terms." Haftarot is not included in this draft, most likely due to the fact that it is not broad and usable across many religions.
I think that Rita's approach is the best for North American cataloging and hopefully we will see some contributions by NACO Hebraica catalogers to the LCNAF for separate Haftarot.
Thanks, Heidi
American
Theological
Library Association