[Heb-NACO] Milon Ariel

Neil Manel Frau-Cortes nfrau at umd.edu
Tue Jul 28 09:33:26 EDT 2015

I understand your position, but I don't totally agree. There are circumstances when users need to search the catalog using the Romanization (for instance, they can be at the library sitting at a station not configured to type in Hebrew). If not user-friendly, Romanization should at least aim to be discoverable and logical, which may call for certain simplification within scientific standards. Otherwise it may end up serving the need of catalogers, not of users.

Neil M. Frau-Cortes, Ph.D.
Judaica, Hebraica and Metadata Cataloger
McKeldin Library
University of Maryland
College Park, MD 20742
Phone (301) 405-9337