[Heb-NACO] Name is cyrilic script

Kuperman, Aaron akup at loc.gov
Wed Jul 1 12:36:02 EDT 2015

If the language of your catalog uses the Cyrillic script, that is what you would use.  For an American library, you should look for a Romanized name, either in the book, or in other resources (for a contemporary author, Facebook or LinkedIn or ideal since they always reflect the person's preferred from of romanization), or reference sources, and if all else fails, you need to make up a Romanized form using systematic Romanization.  You should make a UF from the Cyrillic form.

Aaron Kuperman, LC Law Cataloging Section.
This is not an official communication from my employer BUT PSD has approved trying to locate the Romanized form the author actually uses in the real world even if not in the item being cataloged