[Heb-NACO] ha-rofe? (Physician)? ha-Rofe? Something else?

Robert M. TALBOTT rtalbott at library.berkeley.edu
Mon Sep 15 17:27:16 EDT 2014

Hi Heidi and the rest:

Thanks for all your help. And also thanks to the rest of you out in
Heb-NACO land for your help.

If we're excluding "ha-rofe" because we can't tell what it is (my original
question), then maybe we should make a decision about titles in general,
and maybe ha-rofe specifically. My reasoning is that "ha-rofe" appears to
be integral to the name and we'd be remiss to leave it out.  Forbidden?
Amend!

I like the below

100 0  Jacob ben Joseph,|cha-rofeh,|d   -1851
400 1 Harofe, Yaʻaḳov ben Yosef,|d  -1851
400 0 Yaʻaḳov ben Yosef,|c ha-rofe| d  -1851
400 0 Jacob ben Joseph ben Jawb, |c ha-rofe |d -1851
400 0 Ya'akov,|cha-rofe,|d   -1851

The last one's from the piece in hand.

Cheers and thanks again