[Heb-NACO] parallel titles

Kuperman, Aaron akup at loc.gov
Mon Jun 30 09:35:33 EDT 2014

Is a “title” appearing elsewhere in the work that is NOT a translation of the title proper a parallel title.   It clearly is some sort of title (meaning a 246 and perhaps an explanatory note), but is it a parallel title that should be in the 245 following an “=” sign.   There appears to be no guidance in RDA or the PS for this.

Aaron Kuperman, LC Law Cataloging Section.
This is not an official communication from my employer