[Heb-NACO] "Nidpas me-ḥadash be-tosefet...": 245/250/500?

Kuperman, Aaron akup at loc.gov
Thu Aug 28 13:16:21 EDT 2014

1.  This clearly indicates a new expression. The phrase isn't part of the title.

2. It is too bulky to put in the 250 field.  While it is a de facto edition statement, it doesn't resemble the structure of a western edition statement, suggesting it could go in a 500 quoted note (which depending on local practice and cataloger judgment might obviate the need for Romanization).

Aaron Kuperman, LC Law Cataloging Section.
This is not an official communication from my employer