[Heb-NACO] "Nidpas me-ḥadash be-tosefet...": 245/250/500?

Jasmin Nof jnof at upenn.edu
Thu Aug 28 13:25:43 EDT 2014

I should have been more clear.  I'm working on a rare book, 1739/1740;
the rare book community is still cataloging according to A2.  The below
is useful for RDA work, but how shall I proceed in my case?  Also, the
statement appears below the title proper and rest of title information,
but before the statement of responsibility; if it were transcribed in
the 245, this is how it would appear:

Seder tefilot : ǂb teḥinot u-fizmonim mi-de ḥodesh be-ḥodsho umi-de
Shabat be-Shabato ke-minhag ḳ.ḳ. Sefaradim : nidpesu me-ḥadash
be-tosefet merubah ʻal ha-rishonim, mugahim mi-kol ha-ṭaʻuyot she-naflu
ba-defusim ha-ḳodmim ... / ǂc hugah be-ʻiyun nimrats ... ʻal yede
ha-baḥur Shelomoh Yehudah Liʼon Ṭimpalo.

Alternatively, the phrase "Nidpesu...ha-kodmim" could be place in a 250
or 500 or 250/500 combo.

Thanks, Jasmin