[Heb-NACO] proposed instruction on conventional collective titles

Yossi Galron jgalron at gmail.com
Thu Jan 31 14:51:21 EST 2013

I have a question regarding the 240 field: Till now we used to put in the
240 the title proper of the book ignoring the words Sefer, Kuntres, etc.
(Berit ha-Levi for Sefer Berit ha-Levi). Does it mean that in RDA the 240
field will actually ignore the Title proper of the book and it will be
replaced by a 246 field?

Yossi

Joseph (Yossi) Galron-Goldschlaeger
Head, Hebraica & Jewish Studies  Library
355A Thompson Memorial Library
The Ohio State University Libraries
1858 Neil Ave. Mall
Columbus, Ohio 43210 USA
E-Mail: galron.1 at osu.edu  or jgalron at gmail.com
Tel.: (614) 292-3362,  Fax: (614)292-1918
Lexicon of Modern Hebrew Literature:
http://hebrewlit.notlong.com