[Heb-NACO] 040 fields on heb-naco

Joseph Galron-Goldschlaeger galron.1 at osu.edu
Fri Feb 8 11:49:53 EST 2013

Dear Heb-NACO listserv members,

We all value the questions, responses and wisdom that is shared by our
readership. We often provide examples of bibliographic records via the
listserv to illustrate issues that are of interest to Hebraica catalogers.
What is important is to see what may be questionable, confusing or
elucidating within the record. However, it is not appropriate to identify
the source of the record by including 040 and 010 fields which provide the
library identifiers that are associated with the record.

This practice of keeping records anonymous also applies to examples of
Hebraica catalog records that are used in conference presentations and
documentation.

Thank you, Joan Biella, Heidi Lerner, Yossi Galron, (Moderators, Heb-NACO
LISTSERV)

Joseph (Yossi) Galron-Goldschlaeger
Head, Hebraica & Jewish Studies  Library
355A Thompson Memorial Library
The Ohio State University Libraries
1858 Neil Ave. Mall
Columbus, Ohio 43210 USA
E-Mail: galron.1 at osu.edu  or jgalron at gmail.com
Tel.: (614) 292-3362,  Fax: (614)292-1918
Google Voice: (614) 285-4290