[Heb-NACO] romanization of the day?

Biella, Joan jbie at loc.gov
Fri Sep 28 11:00:26 EDT 2012

The vowels shift as the stress of the word shifts.

kāTAV--stressed on the last syllable (he wrote)
kāTAVtī--stressed on the next to last syllable (I wrote)
ketavTEM--stressed on the last syllable--notice that the long vowel of the first syllable, when it's two syllables away from the stressed syllable, reduces to sheṿa (you plural wrote)

kāTAVtī--stressed on the next to last syllable (I wrote)
ketavTIṾ--stressed on the last syllable--again the long vowel of the first syllable reduces to sheṿa when it's two syllables away from the stressed syllable (I wrote it)

with an initial guttural, ʻarakhTIṾ (I edited it) first vowel is hatef patah, so a ṿaṿ before it will take patah:  ṿa-ʻarakhTIṾ (and I edited it)

Yes, no doubt there are errors in all our databases, but think hard before you "correct" them.
Joan