[Heb-NACO] $c ha-Kohen shenanigans

Heidi G Lerner lerner at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 8 14:15:24 EDT 2012

The addition of ha-Kohen, ha-Leṿi, Kohen, and sometimes Kohen and Kats to a name entered under surname and including a forename     was permitted in AACR2 under 22.12 (see G uidelines for Rabbinic Names entered under Forenames ( https://lib.stanford.edu/files/Rabbinic%20Forenames.pdf )).  I believe that this same rule is carried over in RDA in rule 9.19.1.2.

Best, Heidi