[Comicsstudiessociety] [EXTERNAL] Re: Introduction

Eszter Szép eszterszep at gmail.com
Wed Nov 18 09:49:37 EST 2020

Dear all,

I am Eszter, I live in Budapest, Hungary, and this is where I did my PhD.

My book will be published within a few weeks. Exciting times! :) It
examines ways in which the body is involved when comics are made and when
they are read. I have also managed to complicate things by applying the
ethics of vulnerability in my close readings, because, hell, I'm always in
favor of complex systems. *Comics and the Body: Drawing, Reading, and
Vulnerability* is coming out with the Ohio State University Press (info on
book <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://ohiostatepress.org/books/titles/9780814214541.html__;!!KGKeukY!nO4J5PabI9Mi2KHTv0IjyY7feIxz5304LAIZvrAMRQY6b-7YfKeKgIgB-Hi0KiOO4ztVO_0SODEd$ >).

I am interested in drawing and thinking, materiality in and around
comics, and anything by Jesse Jacobs. I am also interested in geology,
extinction, deep time, and the universe.

I am not teaching or lecturing anywhere, but I look into the future with
optimism. :) I am also the director of the (rather small) International
Comics Festival at Budapest. Not a great year for us. :)

Your introductions are really exciting, thanks so much for sharing them and
for doing so many amazing things.

The very best,
Eszter

Dr. Eszter Szép
independent researcher, educator, and curator

website: eszterszep.com <https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://szterszep.com__;!!KGKeukY!nO4J5PabI9Mi2KHTv0IjyY7feIxz5304LAIZvrAMRQY6b-7YfKeKgIgB-Hi0KiOO4ztVO8RR4RoV$ >
Patreon: patreon.com/eszterszep
instagram (in Hungarian): instagram.com/szep.eszter.kepregenykutato
twitter: @eszterlikesrain  <https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/eszterlikesrain__;!!KGKeukY!nO4J5PabI9Mi2KHTv0IjyY7feIxz5304LAIZvrAMRQY6b-7YfKeKgIgB-Hi0KiOO4ztVO_yNNav2$ >