[Comicsstudiessociety] [EXTERNAL] Re: Introduction

Charles Hatfield charles.hatfield at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 13:29:04 EST 2020

So glad to see these introductions!

I'm Charles Hatfield, a cofounder of CSS, and an English prof at CSU
Northridge since (gulp!) 2001. In 2005, I founded a comics course that has
become a popular elective at CSUN and is now taught by many of my
colleagues too. I am fascinated by many aspects of comics and comics
studies. I've been particularly interested in aesthetics and form,
children's comics (and depictions of childhood in comics), alternative
comics, graphic memoir, and Jack Kirby. I co-edit, with Rebecca Wanzo and
Jared Gardner, the Ohio State UP's series "Studies in Comics and Cartoons."

This Thursday, Nov, 19, I'm co-hosting a Zoom teach-in on the *March *trilogy
that I'll hype in a separate post!

Best to all,

CH
Charles Hatfield