[Comicsstudiessociety] [EXTERNAL] Re: Introduction

Gail de Vos gail.devos at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 13:39:31 EST 2020

Good morning,
I am an adjunct instructor at the School of Library and Information Studies
at the University of Alberta in Canada. I have been teaching an online
graduate level course on the validity of comics for almost two decades as
well as conducting workshops in library and education conferences on
numerous benefits and issues around the format in schools and libraries. My
research and writing on comics tends to focus on the intersection of
folklore and oral storytelling in comic books. For example, my latest
writing for the monograph Monsters edited by Simon Bacon, analyzes the
reworking of the folklore of Baba Yaga in the comic book world of Hellboy.

Yours in Stories,
Gail de Vos
Storyteller, Author, Adjunct (Associate) Professor, SLIS University of
Alberta
https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://storytellerdevos.com/__;!!KGKeukY!kkf68c8XwLH5BtFMhzYypVAMtiqqngug9fN1xO8FMskfSz7XiNCEMUy0qGkSbqjuoRdC2qnPyexT$

“After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we
need most in the world.”
― Philip Pullman

“All the truth in the world is held in stories.”
(*The Wise Man's Fear* by Patrick Rothfuss)