[Comicsstudiessociety] R: Introduction

silvia vari sillabusiva at hotmail.it
Mon Nov 16 11:04:35 EST 2020

Hi everyone,

first of all, I am really glad that this network exists, as I am still fairly new to comics studies.

I only recently graduated in the Research Master’s in Literary Studies at the University of Amsterdam, hence I would say I’m more of a comics scholar “wannabe”. I am currently working on the political affordances of comics’ form and aesthetics, and how the medium voices nomadic subjects and offers visibility to the phenomenon of (forced) migration in the Mediterranean area.
I’m also extremely interested in countercultural, underground and autonomously produced comics and ‘zines.

I am looking forward to the many interesting exchanges this mailing list will provide in the future.

Best,
Silvia Vari