[Comicsstudiessociety] Introduction

Josh Rose joshrichardrose at gmail.com
Mon Nov 16 11:12:46 EST 2020

Hi Michael and Candida,

Nice to meet you Michael, and hear from you again, Candida (we first met
at the inaugural CSS conference)!

I'm an art historian who initially specialized in modernism and,
specifically, Surrealist photography.  In the past decade, though, my
interests have been veering more and more towards comics, beginning with
curatorial work.  I co-curated two exhibitions at Eastfield College on
indie comics and zines with my colleague Iris Bechtol, and then in 2016
I solo curated a large exhibition titled Heroes in the Making: The Art
of Comic Production for the Greater Denton Arts Council.  This led me to
begin focusing on exploring the overlap—or often lack thereof—between
art history and the art world broadly and comics as an artform.

I'm still fairly new to all of this, so I look forward to hearing from
you and everyone else on the list about what they are working on!

Best,
Josh

JOSH ROSEfaculty of art history
DALLAS COLLEGE: BROOKHAVEN CAMPUS
3939 Valley View Lane, Farmers Branch, TX 75244
work: (972) 860-4734
email:joshrichardrose at gmail.com