How To Learn/Study Session Recording in Zoom

Zellmer, Robert zellmer.1 at osu.edu
Mon Jan 17 10:16:08 EST 2022

I've put a Zoom recording of the "How to Learn/Study Session" in Carmen.  It's in the
"Lecture" module.  I would advise you watch it and give it a try, particularly if you've
struggled in your previous courses.  If you did struggle in other classes, whatever you
were doing wasn't working so give something new a try.

I had both 1220 and 1250 students.  I mention how much time you should spend each
day and I'm pretty sure I mentioned for 1250 it's a little more than for 1220.  It equates
to about 15-18 hours a week just for lecture material and 3-4 for lab, each week.
Otherwise, everything I stated applies to you as well.  Besides, it isn't just about
studying for chemistry but learning in general.

We go very quickly and cover a lot of material each week.  That's why you need to
spend so much time.  Just remember, it's only for another 14 weeks, including finals.

Dr. Zellmer