Quizzes - viewing questions and timer on the iPad

Zellmer, Robert zellmer.1 at osu.edu
Fri Jan 27 10:46:57 EST 2023

First, I'll say I don't suggest using the iPad for quizzes since you're
taking them at home.  If you have a computer with a larger screen
that would be better.  Do NOT use the Canvas app.  I don't suggest
Safari.  Chrome is probably the best browser.  I haven't had any
problems with Firefox.  Things should work on the iPad but if you
use your computer you can use the iPad for scratch paper.

There could be times you have trouble viewing something on the
iPad (any tablet with a small screen).  You might have to get
rid of the menu on the left or turn the iPad sideways (Landscape
mode with the long side horizontal) to see everything properly.
Anytime you have trouble viewing something turning the tablet
or getting rid of extraneous stuff on the screen will help.

On the iPad the timer is at the bottom.  That means you must
scroll down to see it.  I suggest using a timer outside of your
iPad to keep track of time and look at the timer at the bottom
periodically just to make sure of the time.

During exams we project a timer and clock on the screen at the
front of the room.  It's approximate since everyone will start at
a slightly different time after we give the password and start the
exam.

Dr. Zellmer