Mastering questions - what's due this week

Zellmer, Robert zellmer.1 at osu.edu
Wed Jan 11 15:30:13 EST 2023

I've received a few questions concerning Mastering about what's due this week
and for what's for credit.

I will send much more detailed information about Mastering, what's for credit,
what's not for credit (just practice), due dates, etc. in another e-mail.

For this week there's only 1 thing which is due for credit.  Here's what you have
access to and need to do right now.

FOR CREDIT:

Chapter 11 review - due by 11:59 PM, Saturday, 1/14.

I would suggest you read through Ch 11 first and/or watch my lecture videos in
Carmen (see Lecture module).  Even though the material about solids from Ch 12
isn't in this review you should look at what I have on my personal class web page
(see the top of the "Notes" link) and watch the video I have for Ch 12.  The most
important things for you to know from Ch 12 are the four types of solids and the
attractive forces holding the particles together in the solid.

NOT for credit (0 pts):

Chemistry Primer - Semester 2                                           "due" 11:59 PM, Fri., 1/13
Introduction to MasteringChemistry                                     "due" 11:59 PM, Fri., 1/13

While these have "due" dates, it doesn't really matter since they aren't for any points.
You don't have to do these, and you may have done some of them if you took 1210 last
semester and used Mastering or are retaking 1220 from last semester.

ALL assignments in Mastering can be done anytime, even past the due dates.  However,
for the ones which are for credit you won't get any points if you go past the due date.
This allows you to still work the problems if you missed the assignment or to go back to
ones you've already done and redo them for practice.  Although, I'm not sure there's a lot
of point to the latter since you have lots of problems to practice at the end of each chapter.
There are generally over 100 problems at the end of every chapter.

I will be sending another e-mail with more details about the different problems sets you'll
encounter in Mastering and what is and is not for credit.  I'll also be sending more info
about the end-of-chapter exercises.

Dr. Zellmer