sending me e-mail

Zellmer, Robert zellmer.1 at osu.edu
Mon Jan 9 07:30:39 EST 2023

Please read the instructions below and follow this concerning e-mailing me.

Please do NOT send me e-mail from Canvas, or if you do, include your
name.#.  It appears I'm getting e-mail sent from Carmen but when
I reply using my e-mail program I'm not sure if it makes it back to people.
It also makes it difficult to track down e-mails based on a person's name or
name.#.  Also, the subject lines in e-mail coming via Carmen are pretty much
worthless.  Furthermore, if it's anything that might be considered private I
must abide by FERPA regulations and can only reply directly to a
name.# OSU account.

I don't send e-mail from Canvas (Carmen) or generally leave announcements
on Carmen.  If you aren't checking Carmen for messages, you may not see
them.  If you don't have your notifications set correctly you won't get
messages or announcements left on Carmen via e-mail.  This is why I use
regular e-mail.

I create an e-mail list using name.#@osu.edu<mailto:name.#@osu.edu> provided by the university
via SIS (essentially Buckeyelink).  That's the chem1220 list you see when I
send e-mail to the class.

If you want to send an e-mail to me do NOT send it to or reply to the e-mail
list (chem1220) I use for sending e-mails to the class.   I will get it eventually
but it's possible it could go through to the entire class.   To send me an e-mail
use the following address,

zellmer.1 at osu.edu<mailto:zellmer.1 at osuedu>

You should send e-mail to the following address if it's a lab question
(although I will also help with lab questions whenever I can).  All lab
supervisors will see it and you might get faster service.

chemlabsupervisor at chemistry.ohio-state.edu<mailto:chemlabsupervisor at chemistry.ohio-state.edu>

I'm teaching two sections of 1220 this semester.  I get a lot of e-mails.
To make it easier for me to quickly answer your questions please let me
know which class you are in and whether it's the AM or PM class and
include the information I've asked for below.

When sending me an e-mail make the subject line look something like:

Chem 1220 AM - "rest of subject"

Chem 1220 PM - "rest of subject"

Examples:

Subject:   Chem 1220 AM - Help with SOL exp.

Subject:   Chem 1220 PM - Help with End-of-Chapter Exercise 13.1

If it relates to recitation, you must indicate the day/time of your recitation
and your recitation TA's name.

If it relates to lab, you must indicate which experiment, day/time of your
lab and your lab TA.  If you're sending something to the lab supervisor
account also include your Lecturer's name.

Finally, every now and then I accidentally send something from my personal
account.   Don't reply to that account since I don't check it as often as I do
my OSU account.   Always send e-mails to me at my OSU e-mail address
listed above.

Thanks,

Dr. Zellmer