[AFS_OSU] FWD: FEF Profiles - "4 Quick Things for the New School Year"

Moodispaw, Michael P. moodispaw.4 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Fri Sep 11 15:58:04 EDT 2020

Welcome to the new and different 2020/21 school year!

There are 4 quick things that I wanted to bring to your attention. If you have questions about any of them, let us know.

#1 – As a reminder, I “INACTIVATED” all students from the 2019/20 school year WHO HADN’T UPDATED THEIR PROFILE SINCE 5/1/20. This means that companies and professors will not be able to see students until they log into their profile and make any changes that are needed. Any students who create a new profile this year, need to make sure they complete the information in their profile – if they don’t, there’s a strong probability that companies and professors will not be able to see those students either. Also, it seems as though some schools’ spam filters capture the email that is sent to new students asking them to verify their email to complete their profiles. If your student can’t get into his/her profile, just have them email nick at fefinc.org<mailto:nick at fefinc.org> and he will manually activate them.

#2 – AFS Student Chapter grants are available again this school year. Each school may apply for a grant for the 2020/21 school year in an amount up to $2000. As a reminder, these grants are to be used to help further the student chapter’s efforts in increasing interest in the field of metalcasting at our FEF schools. Your student chapter can apply for these grants at any time during the school year – https://fefinc.org/students.html<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/fefinc.org/students.html__;!!KGKeukY!nRLDe_hy0Kr9u0B_8SPZbBPq6M7sVLp3fOvdQBd3pIHindqHS2TN6l3hpoA7IWYy6A$>   One note - if we didn’t receive a follow-up report from your student chapter for the 2019/2020 school year grants, we will need to receive that prior to releasing funds for 2020/21.

#3 – 2020 FALL VIRTUAL CIC information – November 17:

                We will be using Career Fair Plus to run the virtual Career Information Session

                Deadlines are basically the same as for in-person CICs – see info here<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/fefinc.org/fef-deadlines-2014-2015.html__;!!KGKeukY!nRLDe_hy0Kr9u0B_8SPZbBPq6M7sVLp3fOvdQBd3pIHindqHS2TN6l3hpoA_hTNBkw$>

                You can select up to 12 students to attend

                You should select up to 4 students to apply for the scholarships – these will be presented on 11/17

if possible, we will have the professor present the scholarship for all on the Zoom to see

professors will be notified prior to the presentation so that you are prepared to say a few words about the recipient

                An in-person CIC is tentatively scheduled for Mar 3-5, 2021; no CIC scholarships will be given at this time, but the special scholarships will be presented

#4 – Important dates and deadlines are now updated on the Professor Information Page on our website – you will need to login. Please be sure to submit the annual school survey located at the bottom of the professor web page – https://fefinc.org/professors.html<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/fefinc.org/professors.html__;!!KGKeukY!nRLDe_hy0Kr9u0B_8SPZbBPq6M7sVLp3fOvdQBd3pIHindqHS2TN6l3hpoBStii-tQ$>

We have someone whose sole responsibility for FEF is to post on our social media platforms; so if you will please send me pictures & blurbs about any activities your students participate in, we will get them posted.

Thanks,

Pam Lechner

FEF Director of Alumni & Academic Relations

847.490.9200

Michael Moodispaw
​​​Graduate Research Associate
Light Materials and Manufacturing Research Lab
Foundry Club Chair
Material Science and Engineering, OSU

moodispaw.4 at osu.edu, he/him/his, Watts 384