[AFS_OSU] Foundry Club - Job Opportunities and Next Meeting(s)

Moodispaw, Michael P. moodispaw.4 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Mon Sep 28 11:13:53 EDT 2020

Good morning,

Just a few quick updates for everyone:

FEF has announced the CIC (College-Industry-Conference) which is essentially a foundry industry career fair<https://www.fefinc.org/images/FEF-images/CIC/2020/FEF_Fall_2020_-_Spring_2021_FULL_BROCHURE_-_web.pdf> aimed specifically at getting students internships and full-time jobs will be virtual this year and we can 'send' 12 students. There are also potential chances for scholarships for students who attend. If you would like to participate, please respond to this email to let me know before Oct 8th.

The AFS student industry meeting will take place virtually on Oct 15th. at 6:00pm EST. This is a networking and updating event with our industry partners and all club members are encouraged to attend. An invitation and link will be sent out closer to the day.

The next foundry club meeting will take place on Wednesday Oct 6th at 6:00pm. Dr. Alan Luo, and MSE professor<https://mse.osu.edu/people/luo.445> and leader of LMMRL<https://u.osu.edu/lmml/>, will be giving a 45min presentation on the casting industry. A great overview to kick off this semester's educational and professional development meetings. Please watch for an invitation following this email.

Best,

Michael Moodispaw
​​​Graduate Research Associate
Light Materials and Manufacturing Research Lab
Foundry Club Chair
Material Science and Engineering, OSU

moodispaw.4 at osu.edu, he/him/his, Watts 384