[AFS_OSU] Cleveland - AFS Metalcasting Congress (and scholarship)

Moodispaw, Michael P. moodispaw.4 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Fri Jan 10 09:49:44 EST 2020

Hey all,

Just wanted to let you know of an opportunity to attend a metalcasting conference in Cleveland. The conference is Tuesday April 21st to Thursday April 23rd. Check out the website below to see the schedule and learn more. It will consist of technical talks, industry updates, and an exhibition of new technology. They are also looking for student volunteers to help out, but it is not required.
https://www.afsinc.org/tradeshows/metalcasting-congress-2020

Here is the message we were asked to pass on to you:

AFS and FEF continue to work together to provide educational opportunities for metalcasting students. Although AFS offers no financial assistance, participating schools have typically been able to find sufficient funding for travel to the Congress by working with their local AFS Chapters to obtain company support.

There also is a Copper Division Scholarship that is available for students currently attending a North American accredit university or college and enrolled in material science, engineering, computer science or other areas of education that include metalcasting activities and study. I’ve attached a copy of the scholarship application. Please pass the scholarship information on to your students.  The deadline is February 15th.  There is also some information on additional scholarship opportunities on our website at:

https://www.afsinc.org/student-outreach<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/www.afsinc.org/student-outreach__;!!KGKeukY!kjCn-vmZ6XX2l5_FB-aLPq4BC0T_KW3_V1bMImqs6O-ik4k_7VIsgma3FrozJ7Zt_g$>

If you are planning on bringing some students to the Metalcasting Congress and would like them to participate as student volunteers, please indicate so on the attached form and return to me ASAP.  This is a first come, first serve opportunity. [attached are the volunteer sign up and information sheets]

 If you are interested in going, please let me know and we can provide (some to all) travel funding if you notify me soon enough. Make sure to look at the scholarship opportunities as well.

Best,

Michael Moodispaw
​​​Graduate Research Associate
Light Metals and Manufacturing Research Lab
Material Science and Engineering, OSU
Foundry Club Chair

moodispaw.4 at osu.edu, Watts 384