[AFS_OSU] AFS COC Dinner (16th) and Foundry Tour

Moodispaw, Michael P. moodispaw.4 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Sun Jan 5 13:44:22 EST 2020

Hey everyone,

I hope everyone was able to have a relaxing break and is ready for classes tomorrow. Firstly, please fill out this poll if you have interest in touring a specialty steel foundry in February:
https://forms.gle/WiwTE4czWj4mngsy7

I wanted to let all of you know that the Central Ohio Chapter of AFS is holding a meeting next week on the 16th. All club members are invited and encouraged to come (free dinner). These are the people who give us the donations keep our club functioning so it would be good to have a presence at the meeting to show we appreciate their support.

At this meeting, the AFS COC will be passing out scholarships awarded last semester. I will be giving a brief update on the club and our proposed activities for the year/semester as well. For those who received awards (Troy, Milo, Rebecca, James, and Sarah), you need to attend to receive the awards unless you have a conflict. I also want to urge all the officers to attend as well.  Please RSVP with the contact below if you plan to attend. Let us know if you want to go and want to carpool.

Please read the message below from Michael Warner from AFS for a discription:

I hope everyone had a very safe and wonderful Christmas and New Year!!! We are looking forward to getting 2020 rolling with a bang!!

January 16, 2020 is our first meeting of the new year and one of my favorites. It’s the meeting we get to reward the efforts of some extraordinary young minds in our field. It’s SCHOLARSHIP NIGHT!! This year we are going to be joined by the local FEF Board for our presentation.

We are also going to have a guest speaker from A.S.K. as well!! Sean Harmon, Technical Manager for No-Bake, will be joining us to give a short presentation on the importance of sand, sand properties and uses in the No-Bake/Shell processes. Then an update from the students and the presentation of the Scholarships!!!

So please RSVP to eric at keenersand.com or the www.afscentralohio.org website and join us January 16, 2020 for a very exciting night welcoming Sean and the students at the Makoy Center.

Located at:  5462 Center St.

                   Hillard, OH. 43026

Meet and Greet at 6:00 PM

Dinner at 6:30 PM with the presentations shortly after

We will be setting up a meeting for the following week just for the club to discuss plans for the semester and select meeting times. Enjoy the first day of the semester.

Best,

Michael Moodispaw
​​​Graduate Research Associate
Light Metals and Manufacturing Research Lab
Material Science and Engineering, OSU
Foundry Club Chair

moodispaw.4 at osu.edu, Watts 384