[AFS_OSU] Foundry Club Upcoming Events

Riffle, Kelsey G. riffle.81 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Tue Mar 21 23:03:20 EDT 2017

Hi all!

We have a few events coming up within the next few weeks.

Raising Cane's Fundraiser

Present the flyer attached to this email at Raising Cane's on Thursday between 4 and 10 to have 20% of your sales donated to our club!  Invite all your friends and enjoy some great food while fundraising for awesome new projects!

When: Thursday, March 23rd (4:00 PM - 10:00 PM)

Where: 10 E. 11th Ave.

Vote for Your New Treasurer

We have three great nominees for the 2017-2018 Foundry Club Treasurer position: Michael Lee, Akshara Sreedhar, and John Williams. They have all provided more information about themselves, which can be found on the voting ballot.
Please go to the following link<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSd_nijaaoDXcm3Tms_nEfJBhtGrOzPscyymu1Ef2Tj9O5BsHA/viewform> to cast your vote for treasurer by Friday, March 24th.

Professional Development

Michael Warner will be coming in to discuss types of foundry sands, when to use what kind, differences in sands, best practices and other useful information about sand casting.

When: Tuesday, March 28th (5:30 PM)

Where: Macquigg 161

Time in the Foundry

When: Thursday, March 30th (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM)

Where: Foundry (Macquigg 050)

FEF Scholarship Opportunity

FEF has supplied OSU $3,900 in order to provide scholarships for the students in our club.  These scholarships will be awarded to students in our club who have demonstrated an effort to be involved in the club as well as those who hope to pursue a future in the casting related industry.  The deadline for the scholarship is March 31st.  I have attached the application, so please fill it out and return it to Colin Ridgeway (ridgeway.38) or Dr. Luo (luo.445)!

Have a great last few weeks of March and I hope to see you at one of these upcoming events!

Kelsey Riffle
The Ohio State University | Materials Science and Engineering
Secretary | American Foundry Society OSU Chapter
Big-Little Coordinator | Society of Women Engineers OSU Chapter
(740) 973-2020 | riffle.81 at osu.edu