[AFS_OSU] Foundry Club Events This Week

Riffle, Kelsey G. riffle.81 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Mon Mar 27 17:47:17 EDT 2017

Hi all!

Just a few quick reminders of upcoming events this week!

  1.  Professional Development
Michael Warner will be coming in to discuss types of foundry sands, when to use what kind, differences in sands, best practices and other useful information about sand casting.  There will be pizza!
When: TOMORROW Tuesday, March 28th (5:30 PM)
Where: MacQuigg 161
  2.  Time in the Foundry
When: Thursday, March 30th (9:00 AM - 11:00 AM)
Where: Foundry (MacQuigg 050)
  3.  FEF Scholarship Application Due
FEF has supplied OSU $3,900 in order to provide scholarships for the students in our club.  These scholarships will be awarded to students in our club who have demonstrated an effort to be involved in the club as well as those who hope to pursue a future in the casting related industry.  The deadline for the scholarship is March 31st.  I have attached the application, so please fill it out and return it to Colin Ridgeway (ridgeway.38) or Dr. Luo (luo.445)!

Have a great week! [😊]

Kelsey Riffle
The Ohio State University | Materials Science and Engineering
Secretary | American Foundry Society OSU Chapter
Big-Little Coordinator | Society of Women Engineers OSU Chapter
(740) 973-2020 | riffle.81 at osu.edu