[AFS_OSU] Recap of the Kickoff Meeting (1/12)

Riffle, Kelsey G. riffle.81 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Thu Jan 12 23:32:14 EST 2017

Thank you to everyone who attended the meeting tonight! Just a recap of what we talked about:

1. Be sure to fill out the when2meet<http://www.when2meet.com/?5946970-Nra42> by the end of Friday (tomorrow) so that we can pick the best times to work in the foundry!

2. We are looking for people to shadow our vice chair and treasurer!  This will help you learn all about the position and prepare you to take the position next year!  Please fill out this survey<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeZpCZOP_yYBaiCylujuCfhGEH7nucL8bdNWei-kRAW3_a-3w/viewform> if you are interested!

3. If you are interested in helping to design bottle openers to give out at the Central Ohio Animal House Toga Party, please email Tori Hicks (hicks.462 at osu.edu).

4. Be sure to register with the Foundry Educational Foundation (FEF).  It is completely free and is a requirement to be in the Ohio State Chapter of AFS.  Here's the link<https://www.fefinc.org/students.html> to the website!

5. The next meeting is Thursday, January 19th at 6:00 PM.  Network with AFS professionals at the Central Ohio AFS Chapter Meeting.  The meeting is held at the Holiday Inn in Worthington (7007 N. High St, Worthington, OH 43085).  Let me (riffle.81 at osu.edu) know if you need a ride!

6. Each month we will have a couple meetings in the foundry, one meeting with the Central Ohio AFS chapter, and one professional development meeting.  All of our professional development meetings will take place within the first two Thursdays of each month.  Each professional development meeting will focus on a new skill which will be used to create a club project from start to finish!

UPCOMING EVENTS:
January 19th                        OSU Student Presentation at Central Ohio AFS Chapter Meeting

Week of January 23rd        Time in the Foundry - specific date to be determined
Early February                     Professional Development Meeting - SolidWorks and SolidCast by Mark Steil
February 11th                      Animal House Toga (Winter) Party with Central Ohio AFS
March 23rd                          Cane's Fundraiser            ** Flyer will be sent out soon **
April 20th                             Past Chairman's Night with Central Ohio AFS

Finally, stay up to date with our upcoming events by following us on social media and checking our website!
Twitter (afs_osu)
Instagram (afs.osu)
Facebook (Afs Osu)
Website: http://u.osu.edu/afsatosu
Check out our new bulletin board in Fontana Labs (right down the hall from Megan's office).
<http://u.osu.edu/afsatosu>

If you have any questions, please contact myself (riffle.81 at osu.edu<mailto:riffle.81 at osu.edu>) or Tori Hicks (hicks.462 at osu.edu<mailto:hicks.462 at osu.edu>).

Have a great three-day weekend and we hope to see you next Thursday at the Central Ohio Chapter Meeting! [cid:c95923f1-ede8-4f95-97f3-d9d0497dd77b]

Kelsey Riffle
The Ohio State University | Materials Science and Engineering
Secretary | American Foundry Society OSU Chapter
Big-Little Coordinator | Society of Women Engineers OSU Chapter
(740) 973-2020 | riffle.81 at osu.edu