[AFS_OSU] February Party.....COMIC-CON

Ridgeway, Colin D. ridgeway.38 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Wed Jan 13 16:00:37 EST 2016

All,

I nearly forgot!  In February, the Central Ohio AFS Chapter is hosting a winter party and the theme is Comic-Con!

They have asked us to design and cast several different tokens/trinkets that can be given away at this party.  The trinket should be roughly the size of a small water bottle or a little smaller.  (So 2-2" in width by 4-6" in height. If you need to go a little smaller that is fine, just let me know!  They are basically looking for a cool 3D object that we can make to and show off our skills.

Participating in this would be huge for our club.  This is because the Central Ohio Chapter makes a lot of donations to our club and if we were able to give back to them in any way it would be great sign of respect and help to build a positive, collaborative future for our two organizations!

So please let me know if you can make/design something Comic-Con related.  Use your imagination and let your inner comic hero out to save the day!

If you are going to attempt to make something, I need to know by the Monday, January 18th!

We are also encouraged to attend this party, so we could show off our skills and be there to bask in our designs glory.  Just try to think how we will cast this too!

Just some potential ideas if you needed to get your mind going:

        -Thor's Hammer

        -R2D2

        -Light saber

        -Hylian Shield with MasterSword