[Vwoolf] Major Authors on CD-ROM - Virginia Woolf

Jeremy Hawthorn jeremy.hawthorn at ntnu.no
Thu Jan 11 13:57:40 EST 2024

I share with Edward a love for WordPerfect. I still use it for my own work, and still find that it beats Word in many ways. The latest Windows compatible version is WordPerfect 2021. Straightforward documents without complex codes convert easily from WP to Word, and the standard version has a very efficient built-in “convert to pdf” function.

My blood pressure probably reached a high point some years back when Bill Gates said that Word replaced WP because the latter was very “clunky”. If any program is clunky, it’s Word.

Rant over.

Jeremy H