[Vwoolf] Gisèle Freund's photographs of Woolf - copyright owner

Luca Pinelli luca.pinelli94 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 18 03:19:34 EDT 2023

Hello everyone!
I'm exploring the possibility of including one of Gisèle Freund's
photographs of Woolf (and Beauvoir) in a scholarly article but I'm having a
hard time identifying the copyright owner, probably because I don't really
know how these things work... I don't suppose somebody could help me?

A related question would be whether I'd be able to put the two photographs
(Freund's photo of Woolf and her photo of Beauvoir) together in the same
file, side by side, as I need only one image for the publication (they need
a sort of horizontal thumbnail as it's an open-access, digital-only
journal). Would that be possible at all?

Thank you very much for any help you can provide.
Best,
Luca