[Vwoolf] Drop-in next Friday, Aug 25th

Elisa Sparks sparks at clemson.edu
Thu Aug 17 18:27:28 EDT 2023

Dear All—
I was reading Caroline Pollentier’s intriguing essay on Woolf’s life writings in Anne Fernald’s Oxford Handbook, and was delighted by her citation of an October 1935 (typed) letter to Julian Bell in which Woolf anticipated the eventual possibility of Facetime, if not the entire social apparatus of Zoom: “Oh dear how I wish television were now installed and I could switch on and see you, instead of tap tapping, which curtails my ideas and castrates my style” (Fernald 66; VW L5 432).

So let us celebrate Woolf’s imagination of the future we now live in and switch on and see each other—how about Friday August 25th at 11:00 PST (2:00 pm EST; 7:00 GMT).

Here’s the invite link:

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://clemson.zoom.us/j/91321737039?pwd=d3VRUStBd2ZZMkkyYlFPN0VLaEMrZz09__;!!KGKeukY!0Gcm0kmXL_9YYS4XutVJLJaAZKs7DCSB-mMfnL-nog1l4zIkdJfja_Yr__einGy3P0bl5Lcu6FvADqVoiaAqMsAkzNkEa64$

Fondly,
Elisa