[Somean] SoMean schedule - open dates!

Steele, Ariana steele.870 at buckeyemail.osu.edu
Fri Jan 13 11:30:21 EST 2023

Hello SoMeanies,

Here is the schedule for this semester's SoMean SoFar! If you weren't able to attend today's meeting and still want to present and/or discuss something, check out the highlighted dates below for available sessions and shoot me an email if you'd like to take one.

Date    Presenter       Topic
20-Jan  Katie   Elaine Chun paper - Ironic blackness as masculine cool: Asian American language and authenticity on YouTube
27-Jan

3-Feb   Ariana  /s/ as subversive discussion
10-Feb

17-Feb  Anna    "Native speaker" discussion
24-Feb

3-Mar   Johanna Audiovisual perceptual experiment
10-Mar

17-Mar  spring break
24-Mar  Jory    TBD (can be 1/2)
7-Apr   Katie   QP2 dry run (can be 1/2)
14-Apr  Kojo    TBD
21-Apr

Additional session ideas that were floated around were:

  1.  LSA rundown from attendees
  2.  Discussion of paper(s) by folks on the shortlist for the department's Indigenous languages hire (ahead of their job talks)

If anyone is likewise interested in these, please let me know!

All the best,
Ariana

Ariana Steele (they/them)
PhD Student