[OSU-SLSR] Please Join Us For Linking Student and Academic Affairs: Viewing and Conversation on 03/21

Harmony Cox HCox at esue.ohio-state.edu
Tue Mar 19 09:26:25 EDT 2013

In the spirit of further coordinating our university's efforts for service and civic engagement, The Service-Learning Initiative invites you to join us for a webinar viewing and conversation on

The Engaged Campus: Linking Student and Academic Affairs

Thursday, March 21st at 2pm

53 W. 11th Ave, room 101

2:00pm-3:00pm: Webinar Viewing

3:00pm-3:30pm: Discussion

The webinar is a part of Campus Compact's "Engaged Campus" series, and is designed to provide models and best practices for civic engagement. It will involve participants in a discussion about creating partnerships between student and academic affairs in civic engagement strategies. Drawing on the perspectives of presenters from both student and academic affairs, presenters will share examples of successful models, opportunities for collaboration and the outcomes of greater alignment. Featured speakers include:

Dr. Juan Franco, Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs, University of Nebraska-Lincoln, and Interim Executive Director, Nebraska Campus Compact
Ms. Linda Major, Director, Center for Civic Engagement, University of Nebraska-Lincoln
Dr. Nancy Mitchell, Director, Undergraduate Education, University of Nebraska-Lincoln

After we view the webinar, we will have a short discussion about ways that our offices can partner to provide a meaningful civic engagement experience for students through e.g. service-learning courses, the upcoming Second-year Transformational Experience Program, and other opportunities. It is our hope that this conversation will continue a larger dialogue that will help us share resources and a common vision for partnership moving forward.

If you plan to attend, please RSVP to Harmony Cox at hcox at esue.ohio-state.edu<mailto:hcox at esue.ohio-state.edu>. We hope you'll be able to join us!

Best,

Harmony Cox Program Coordinator
The Service-Learning Initiative
Room 204 | 53 W. 11th Columbus, OH 43210
614-247-4439 Office | 614-292-0555 Fax
hcox at esue.ohio-state.edu<mailto:hcox at esue.ohio-state.edu> | service-learning.osu.edu<http://service-learning.osu.edu/>

[The Ohio State University]