[OSU-SLSR] 200Columbus Participation Requested: Response Needed By 12pm Tomorrow

Harmony Cox HCox at esue.ohio-state.edu
Mon Feb 6 13:13:21 EST 2012

Hello, Service-Learning Scholars!

The Ohio State University is gearing up for participation in 200Columbus, the official City of Columbus Bicentennial Celebration. As part of that we hope to highlight some specific Service-Learning courses that have made major contributions to the community. We’re looking for work that has been done along the following themes:

·         Work that relates to the past, present, or especially the future of Columbus

·         Work that acknowledges Columbus as a “smart and an open community”

·         Work that highlights significant influences that the University and the city have had on one another over time

·         Work that can demonstrate a concern for any of seven broad issues identified by the Bicentennial Commission--the city's neighborhoods, Downtown, greater economic prosperity and an engaged workforce, a 21st-century transportation system, commitment to a green and sustainable region, development of a culturally rich city, and an embracing of Columbus history and a new city legacy.

This is an exciting opportunity to share the service-learning work you have done with the city at large, and to be part of a historic event. Initially, we hope to feature some SL activities during the birthday celebration on Friday, but in order to do so we need your input by 12pm tomorrow so we can include your course in our proposal to the OSU coordinator Chris Zacher. All we need is a 2-3 sentence summary of what your course does in the community, and how it relates to one of the bullet points above. All submissions will be considered for inclusion. For more information, please visit the official website at http://200columbus.com/about/. If you have any questions, please contact us.

Thanks!
Ola & Harmony