[OOD-users] Announcing Open OnDemand 1.3

Franz, Eric efranz at osc.edu
Tue May 8 14:00:18 EDT 2018

We are pleased to announce the release of Open OnDemand 1.3. This is the first release using our new RPM package.

Highlights of Open OnDemand 1.3 include:

- RPM-based installation
- Store configuration under the "/etc" directory instead of under app directories
- Configuration changes no longer require app rebuilds
- Xfce support Interactive Desktops
- Cluster configuration verification script
- Ignoring apps if they have a period in directory name
- Enabling multiple dashboard announcements with embedded HTML
- Opening “help” links in new window
- Making the “Interactive Sessions” link a top level item
- Better debugging of Interactive Apps by logging shell commands
- Job Composer: Optionally hide the “Account” field in “Job Options”
- Active Jobs: displaying a list of nodes that a job is running on
- Many bug fixes

Release notes & upgrade information can be found here:
https://osc.github.io/ood-documentation/release-1.3/release-notes/v1.3-release-notes.html

---
Eric Franz, Senior Web & Interface App Engineer
Ohio Supercomputer Center
An Ohio Technology Consortium (OH-TECH) Member
1224 Kinnear Road
Columbus, OH 43212
email: efranz at osc.edu