[OOD-users] Implementing authentication via CAS

E.M. Dragowsky dragowsky at case.edu
Mon Aug 20 11:44:54 EDT 2018

Ah...a simple resolution:  In ood_portal.yml, the 'servername' field
requires specifying a public IP, which I had inadvertently not supplied.

So for our site, authentication using CAS is working, and it seems
reasonably straightforward to configure. If anyone can review what I've
done, I'm open to receiving critiques:

ood_portal.yml
servername: [public-ip-name]

auth:
  - 'AuthType CAS'
  - 'AuthName "Private"'
  - 'RequestHeader unset Authorization'
  - 'Require valid-user'

/opt/rh/httpd24/root/etc/httpd/conf.d/cas.conf
LoadModule auth_cas_module
/opt/rh/httpd24/root/etc/httpd/modules/mod_auth_cas.so
CASLoginURL [local-login-url]
CASValidateURL [local-validate-url]
CASCertificatePath
/opt/rh/httpd24/root/etc/httpd/cas-cert/ca-certificate.crt
CASDebug On
CASCookiePath /opt/rh/httpd24/root/etc/httpd/run/cookie/

Cheers
~ Em