[Ohiogift] The NHC Fall Newsletter

Art Snyder artsnyder44 at cs.com
Wed Dec 4 16:53:06 EST 2019

|  |

| I am simply one who loves the past and who is diligent in investigating it - Confucius

|   |

| National History Club Fall Newsletter! |

| We are happy to share with you our Fall Newsletter, the first for this school year that highlights the latest happenings from history clubs throughout the United States! Our front-page article is written by Sarah Collins Rudolph. Ms. Rudolph is a survivor of the 16th Street Baptist Church bombing that took place in Birmingham, Alabama in September of 1963. Her sister along with three close friends lost their lives in this bombing, which helped paved the way for the Civil Rights Movement that decade. In addition to this article, we spotlight some of the activities clubs have participated in this fall, along with information about the 7th annual Lessons of Leadership contest. |

| Read The Newsletter! |

|  |

|  |  |

Join The National History Club

The NHC's main goal is to bring together students and teachers with a real passion for history, helping them learn from each other's ideas, experiences, and stories, which are distributed through our tri-annual Newsletter, monthly eBlast, and various award programs.

Register Your Club Today! |

|  |

|  |  |

Lessons of Leadership Contest
We invite middle and high school students from any school in the United States to select an elected official and describe how that person risked his or her career with a decision (passing a law, making a speech, advocating for change, running for office, etc.) that was at odds with public opinion. Using descriptive examples of the risks, consequences and rewards associated with his/her act of political courage, we seek to be inspired by the vision and boldness of these leaders.
To Find Out Additional Information... |

|  |

| National History Club, P.O. Box 441812, Somerville, MA 02144 --- www.nationalhistoryclub.org
 |

|  Donate

 |  |

|  |

| National History Club, P.O. Box 441812, Somerville, MA 02144 |

| Sent by rnasson at nationalhistoryclub.org in collaboration with |

|  |
| Try email marketing for free today! |

 |  |