[Ohiogift] Serving gifted students in a regular classroom

June Allred-Smith jasmith at rpesd.org
Wed Apr 26 16:13:46 EDT 2017

Hello, All,

I know this is not a popular topic, but I am wondering how districts are approaching the 60 clock hours of PD required for a regular classroom teacher to teach gifted students.  Will group presentations by a gifted PD provider be used for all the hours?  Will a combination of direct contact and online PD be used?

I am working with a district that is making a good faith effort to provide this service to identified students, and we are looking at innovative ways to reach the 60 clock hour per year professional development requirement.

I appreciate any suggestions!

June Allred-Smith

Gifted Coordinator

Ross Pike ESD