[Ohiogift] Gifted Math student

Pat Naveau naveau.pat at coldwatercavs.org
Tue Aug 11 14:51:32 EDT 2015

We have a highly gifted 8th grade Math student moving into our district and
need instructional and assessment resources.  The student was homeschooled
and we need to determine the best placement.  Although acceleration is a
consideration, we also want to investigate options that help students
develop a deeper understanding of the subject.

1) Have any of you used the AoPS (Art of Problem Solving) online Math
courses?  If so, what were your experiences?  Did your students take them
for course credit at your school?

2) Are you aware of other online HS Math course options designed
specifically for gifted students?

3) Can you recommend an assessment that can help determine a student's math
instructional level for placement into high school courses?

Thank you!
Pat

--
*Pat Naveau*