[Ohiogift] Gifted Math student

Hindy Gruber HGruber at dps.k12.oh.us
Tue Aug 11 15:01:07 EDT 2015

Have you considered College Credit Plus?

Hindy Gruber
Associate Director
Gifted Education Services
115 Ludlow 3S 85
937-542-3533
>>> Pat Naveau via Ohiogift <ohiogift at lists.osu.edu> 8/11/2015 2:51 PM

We have a highly gifted 8th grade Math student moving into our district
and need instructional and assessment resources. The student was
homeschooled and we need to determine the best placement. Although
acceleration is a consideration, we also want to investigate options
that help students develop a deeper understanding of the subject.

1) Have any of you used the AoPS (Art of Problem Solving) online Math
courses? If so, what were your experiences? Did your students take them
for course credit at your school?

2) Are you aware of other online HS Math course options designed
specifically for gifted students?

3) Can you recommend an assessment that can help determine a student's
math instructional level for placement into high school courses?

Thank you!
Pat

--
Pat Naveau