[Ohiogift] Ed Week article on colleges accepting credits for AP, dual enrollment etc.

Gifted and Talented in Ohio Discussion List ohiogift at lists.osu.edu
Mon Jan 5 15:26:05 EST 2015

My older child (a daughter) did not want to go to college when she graduated high school in 1997.  She was a good student (probably gifted in science, but not identified nor served), and I could not blame her for not wanting to go.  She has been working as an aircraft maintenance technician for 14 years, and seems to enjoy it.  I think that is a field where some very smart students go to chill out from the education system.  Some of her classes in the aricraft maintenance technician field seemed to be as tough as engineering school.

Our identified gifted son (6 years younger) went to college full time through PSEO after 8th grade.  If he had not been able to go then, I am sure he would have had the same attitude about college and school by high school graduation his older sister did.  My daughter did not even want to bother to attend her high school graduation.

Mary Collier