[Ohiogift] Fwd: SUMMER: HIGH SCHOOL PROBLEM SOLVING BY CHRIS BOLOGNESE

Karen Rohde krohde at berea.k12.oh.us
Fri Apr 4 09:12:02 EDT 2014

This is an excellent math opportunity:

----- Original Message -----

From: "Duane Bollenbacher" <bollenbacherd at bluffton.edu>
To: cbolognese at uaschools.org, "Duane Bollenbacher" <bollenbacherd at bluffton.edu>
Sent: Thursday, April 3, 2014 5:29:30 PM
Subject: SUMMER:  HIGH SCHOOL PROBLEM SOLVING BY CHRIS BOLOGNESE

Hello, Mathematics Enthusiast and Problem-Solver,

              We are in for a real treat this summer.  Our OCTM Contest Director , and writer of all those problems, CHRIS BOLOGNESE, will be presenting

“Using Problem-Solving Techniques to LEARN

and to TEACH Good High School MATHEMATICS “

WHEN:       T,W,TH  June 17-19, 2014

WHERE:    BLUFFTON UNIVERSITY, BLUFFTON, OH (between Dayton and Toledo on I-75)

WHY:        SPECIAL INSTRUCTOR AT DUANE BOLLENBACHER’S 26 TH ANNUAL SUMMER                                 MATHEMATICS WORKSHOPS FOR TEACHERS

TIMES:     8:30 AM  --  4:30 PM DAILY.  Lunches are included.

                       Housing and other meals are available on campus (very reasonably priced).

CREDIT:               1 Semester Hour Graduate Workshop Credit  ($275)

            OR              22.5 Contact Hours for LPDC Credit  ($125)

            Contact me (Duane) or better yet, contact Chris:   cbolognese at uaschools.org   with questions directly related to content of this class.

            I am attaching brochures for ALL the summer workshops ( HQT; K-2; 3-5; Middle School; High School :

“PROVEN AND EFFECTIVE METHODS FOR PASSING THE END-OF-COURSE EXAM”

offered in both June and August.  Contact me for content questions.

            Please pass on the other brochures to the appropriate teachers in your building and district.

We have had over 1100 teachers here in the past 25 years.  We hope that you will be able to join us this summer.  Contact me with questions of ANY TYPE.

            THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!

Duane

Duane Bollenbacher

Director, Summer Mathematics Workshops for Teachers, Bluffton University

Instructor of Mathematics, Supervisor of Student Teachers

Former President, Ohio Council of Teachers of Mathematics (OCTM)

Former Mathematics State Contest Director, OCTM

Historian, OCTM

Bluffton University

Bluffton, OH  45817

W: 419-358-3296

H: 419-358-7365

bollenbacherd at bluffton.edu

--

Karen Rohde
Coordinator:  Gifted Services, Testing

Department of Academic Affairs
Berea City School District
390 Fair Street
Berea, OH  44017-2308
Telephone : (216) 898-8300  ext. 6262
FAX :  (216) 898-8551

This email is intended only for the addressee(s) and may contain material that is confidential under state and federal law. If you were not an intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete all copies. Berea School District email is to be used only for school purposes. The District may monitor email to and from its network. This email and any response to it may be archived for later retrieval and may constitute a public record and therefore may be made available upon request in accordance with Ohio Public Records law (ORC 149.43).