[Ohiogift] interviews???

Art Snyder artsnyder44 at cs.com
Tue Jul 9 12:33:08 EDT 2013

 Kathy -

One place to start might be the job listings on the OAGC site, here:
http://www.oagc.com/?q=employment

Reading the listings, you will see what employers want with new employees in specific positions, and this knowledge could help you prepare for applications and interviews, tailor your resume, and hone your knowledge of what the employer wants with new hires. It also helps to visit a school system's website to learn more about the system, its academics and its demographics. Often, if you find a school system that is a good fit, you will be enthusiastic in the employment process, and interviewers generally consider it a real plus if an applicant seems genuinely interested in serving the students in its service area.

As for your academic preparation, you also learn which of your strengths need to be emphasized and, similarly, where you might need to do some research to address their needs. By reading all the job listings, you'll likely see if you have any holes in your background, education and experience. If that's the case, seek out friends and colleagues who have contemporary insights as to what you should do. Most people enjoy helping others, so don't be shy on this point. They'll be pulling for you.

Good luck!

Art Snyder
[Ohiogift] interviews???