[Natfinwellness] In Search of Financial Literacy: A Qualitative Analysis of Student Money Management Centers

Jenny Brown jb12210 at georgiasouthern.edu
Mon Mar 21 11:17:31 EDT 2016

Dear Financial Literacy Practitioner,

My name is Jenny Brown and I am a doctoral candidate in the Department of
Leadership, Technology, and Human Development at Georgia Southern
University. My dissertation pertains to student money management centers
housed in colleges and universities within the U.S. As part of this
research, I am seeking to interview administrators of student money
management centers in an attempt to understand their perceptions of the
financial needs facing college students today. If your institution has such
a center, or provides ongoing financial education to students, please
complete the survey here
<https://georgiasouthern.co1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_5tNS84yFUnses05>.

Survey responses will be screened to select a diverse pool of participants.
Should responders be selected for an interview, I will follow up to
schedule a 45 minute to an hour interview to gain a better understanding of
the services and resources provided by the institution to educate the
students on matters of personal finance. If you are personally not able to
assist me with respect to this project, I would appreciate your assistance
with forwarding this e-mail to members of your institution who might be
able to assist with this study. Participation by your institution will
contribute to the collection of data that will result in improvement of
financial education for all college students.

Should you have any questions or need additional information, please do not
hesitate to let me know. Thank you in advance for your consideration.
Please feel free to contact me at the following email address,
jb12210 at georgiasouthern.edu, or by phone, 770-500-6208, at your earliest
convenience. I look forward to partnering with your institution.

Jenny C. Brown
Ed.D Candidate, Department of Leadership, Technology, and Human Development
Georgia Southern University

*Faculty Advisor*:  Dr. Daniel W. Calhoun
Georgia Southern University
PO Box 8131
Statesboro, GA 30460-8131
Phone: (912) 478-1428