[mvapich-discuss] Only 1/2 of assigned nodes being used on a cluster with mvapich

Ankur Sinha sanjay.ankur at gmail.com
Tue May 22 06:48:47 EDT 2018

Hi Hari,

On Tue, May 22, 2018 11:35:29 +0100, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> On Tue, May 22, 2018 10:18:14 +0000, Subramoni, Hari wrote:
> <snip>
> > Can you please let us know how you set the MV2_ENABLE_AFFINITY=0
> > environment variable? I don't see it in the script mentioned in #3.
>
> I export it in my `~/.bashrc` file here[1]. I've double checked that
> this is exported on the head node and all the worker nodes too:

I fixed it. It was a user error on by part. While looking at the bashrc,
I realised that I wasn't exporting the variable for non interactive
shells, which are what the nodes use when running simulations. I've
fixed it now[1], and all cores are now being used.

Sorry for the noise :(.

[1] https://github.com/sanjayankur31/100_dotfiles/blob/master/bashrc#L150

Ankur Sinha "FranciscoD"

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha