[mvapich-discuss] Only 1/2 of assigned nodes being used on a cluster with mvapich

Subramoni, Hari subramoni.1 at osu.edu
Tue May 22 10:57:20 EDT 2018

Good to know that you were able to fix the issues.

Please let us know if you need any help with mvapich2.

Best Regards,
Hari.

Sent from my phone

On May 22, 2018 4:18 PM, Ankur Sinha <sanjay.ankur at gmail.com> wrote:
Hi Hari,

On Tue, May 22, 2018 11:35:29 +0100, Ankur Sinha wrote:
> On Tue, May 22, 2018 10:18:14 +0000, Subramoni, Hari wrote:
> <snip>
> > Can you please let us know how you set the MV2_ENABLE_AFFINITY=0
> > environment variable? I don't see it in the script mentioned in #3.
>
> I export it in my `~/.bashrc` file here[1]. I've double checked that
> this is exported on the head node and all the worker nodes too:

I fixed it. It was a user error on by part. While looking at the bashrc,
I realised that I wasn't exporting the variable for non interactive
shells, which are what the nodes use when running simulations. I've
fixed it now[1], and all cores are now being used.

Sorry for the noise :(.

[1] https://github.com/sanjayankur31/100_dotfiles/blob/master/bashrc#L150

Ankur Sinha "FranciscoD"

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Ankursinha