[mvapich-discuss] Intel Complier Flags and mpicc, etc.

Jonathan Perkins perkinjo at cse.ohio-state.edu
Tue Jan 13 16:50:56 EST 2015

On Tue, Jan 13, 2015 at 03:09:37PM -0500, Novosielski, Ryan wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> This question probably has a simple answer but I’m not seeing it in
> the documentation. I’m attempting to compile some MPI-aware software
> that will work on nodes with two different architectures. Intel’s
> compilers have something called auto CPU dispatching, and apparently
> can build code that works on multiple different types of processors if
> you specify the -ax flag and which architectures. However, mpicc and
> friends balk at this command line option. What is the right way to
> address this sort of thing? I’m using the Intel compilers v15.0.1 and
> MVAPICH 2.0, if it matters.
>
> Thanks.

That's interesting.  I don't have experience with this feature and I'm
unsure as to whether things will work even after you get everything
built.

Can you pass along the steps you're taking and the error message that
you receive.  I should be able to help you modify mpicc and friends to
pass this along to icc.

--
Jonathan Perkins