[mvapich-discuss] Intel Complier Flags and mpicc, etc.

Novosielski, Ryan novosirj at ca.rutgers.edu
Tue Jan 13 15:09:37 EST 2015

Hi there,

This question probably has a simple answer but I’m not seeing it in the documentation. I’m attempting to compile some MPI-aware software that will work on nodes with two different architectures. Intel’s compilers have something called auto CPU dispatching, and apparently can build code that works on multiple different types of processors if you specify the -ax flag and which architectures. However, mpicc and friends balk at this command line option. What is the right way to address this sort of thing? I’m using the Intel compilers v15.0.1 and MVAPICH 2.0, if it matters.

Thanks.
--
____ *Note: UMDNJ is now Rutgers-Biomedical and Health Sciences*
||_// Biomedical | Ryan Novosielski - Senior Technologist
|| \\ and Health | novosirj at rutgers.edu - 973/972.0922 (2x0922)
||  \\  Sciences | OIRT/High Perf & Res Comp - MSB C630, Newark
     `'